We are excited to announce that LOR has been asked to open a Distribution Center in Columbia, SC. After being a Guardian Ad Litem and speaking for children in the court system, Lynn Young, LOR’s Founder, is thrilled for the opportunity! Columbia is Lynn’s hometown, and she has always dreamed of assisting these children in need!
The mission of the LOR-Midlands Center is to provide each child who has been abandoned, neglected or abused with everything that they need when they are removed from their home. Lynn will be reaching out for volunteers, in-kind donations, and financial support to take care of as many children as possible. We also encourage high school and college students to volunteer so they can earn their community service hours by giving back.
LOR supports the children that are in the custody of the Department of Social Services and all other agencies that cater to the needs of abused children. LOR also benefits all Title I Schools by giving each school a Just In Case Closet to help the children in time of need on an everyday basis. We are the Hub for 37 agencies in three Lowcountry counties and are now bringing our expertise to the Capital area.
We need YOUR HELP to open our Midlands Center! Below you will find some of the needs we have in order to open and run our new center successfully:
- Looking for a great location near the heart of Columbia with warehouse space, an office, a small kitchen and preferably a large room
- Shelving units, heavy-duty metal racks, rolling racks, bookcases, paint, psuh carts, washer & dryer, vacuum, plastic bins/storage bins, plastic hangers, large garbage bins, long folding tables, chairs, board room table, trash bags, gallon ziploc bags, mops brooms, cleaning supplies, toilet paper, paper towels, touchless hand sanitizer and soap dispenser, office desk, printer & supplies, laptop, fire extinguishers, ladder, etc.
- Van (for Care Kit distribution, Just In Case Closets, children’s & fundraising events, and donation pick ups)
- Bags (preferably durable laundry bags with drawstring/small rolling suitcases to pack Care Kits)
- Clothing, shoes, toiletries, school supplies, books, and stuffed animal donations to fill our Care Kits for newborns to 18-year-olds (see donation guideline below)
- Financial donations of any amount are always a GREAT way support the many programs we have at LOR. Please consider donating today: https://lowcountryorphanrelief.charityproud.org/donate
- PLEASE MAKE ALL CHECKS PAYABLE TO: LOWCOUNTRY ORPHAN RELIEF P.O. BOX 70185 NORTH CHARLESTON, SC 29415 ATTN: LYNN YOUNG-MIDLANDS CENTER
- HAVE YOUR NAME DISPLAYED ABOVE YOUR DONATED ITEM AT THE MIDLANDS CENTER BY BUYING A ROOM, SECTION, OR ITEM IN OUR NEW CENTER.