We are excited to announce that Lowcountry Orphan Relief has been asked to open a Distribution Center in Columbia, SC. After being a Guardian Ad Litem and speaking for children in the court system, Lynn Young, LOR’s Founder, is thrilled for the opportunity! Columbia is Lynn’s hometown, and she has always dreamed of assisting these children in need!
The mission of the Midlands Orphan Relief is to provide each child who has been abandoned, neglected or abused with everything that they need when they are removed from their home. Lynn will be reaching out for volunteers, in-kind donations, and financial support to take care of as many children as possible. We also encourage high school and college students to volunteer so they can earn their community service hours by giving back.
MOR supports the children that are in the custody of the Department of Social Services and all other agencies that cater to the needs of abused children. MOR also benefits all Title I Schools by giving each school a Just In Case Closet to help the children in time of need on an everyday basis. We are the Hub for 37 agencies in three Lowcountry counties and are now bringing our expertise to the Capital area.
We need YOUR HELP to grow Midlands Orphan Relief! Please email us today to schedule time to volunteer at MOR’s Distribution Center (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Below you will find some of the needs we have in order to open and run our new center successfully:
- PLASTIC HANGERS, shelving units, heavy-duty metal racks, rolling racks, bookcases, paint, push carts, clear plastic storage bins, large garbage bins, long folding tables, chairs, trash bags, gallon ziploc bags, mops, brooms, cleaning supplies, toilet paper, paper towels, touchless hand sanitizer and soap dispenser, fire extinguishers, etc.
- Van (for Care Kit distribution, Just In Case Closets, children’s & fundraising events, and donation pick ups)
- Bags (preferably durable laundry bags with drawstring/small rolling suitcases to pack Care Kits)
- Clothing, shoes, toiletries, school supplies, books, and stuffed animal donations to fill our Care Kits for newborns to 18-year-olds (see donation guideline below)
- Financial donations of any amount are always a GREAT way support the many programs we have at LOR. Please consider donating today: https://lowcountryorphanrelief.charityproud.org/Donate/Index/?cid=10991
- PLEASE MAKE ALL CHECKS PAYABLE TO: LOWCOUNTRY ORPHAN RELIEF P.O. BOX 70185 NORTH CHARLESTON, SC 29415 ATTN: LYNN YOUNG- MOR MIDLANDS ORPHAN RELIEF
- HAVE YOUR NAME DISPLAYED ABOVE YOUR DONATED ITEM AT THE MIDLANDS CENTER BY BUYING A ROOM, SECTION, OR ITEM IN OUR NEW CENTER.
- Send physical donations via our Amazon Wish List: https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/2H3ASPIZ257OQ?ref_=wl_share
Current donations we are looking for to fill our Care Kits:
For all questions regarding the Midlands Center, please contact Lynn at 843-412-2728 or email@example.com or David Hall at 803-237-7114 or David@LORkids.org